The Government has made it mandatory that all Dubai residents and nationals should have Health Insurance. All UAE nationals are covered under government insurance programs like Enaya and Sa’ada while expatriates with a valid Dubai residency should go for health insurance services from any of the 46 registered insurance companies in Dubai. Every sponsor in Dubai has the legal responsibility to provide health insurance cover for his employees. The insurance plan will be paid for by the employer.
The Dubai Health Authority has put forth the Essential Benefits Plan (EBP) dedicated to employees who earn a monthly salary of AED 4,000 or less. This was done as DHA wanted to ensure that the most vulnerable workers are protected and restrict the amount of profit the insurers make. As the lowest cost plan available in Dubai it has a fixed cost of AED 550 and AED 650 per year. Only a few insurers participating can provide EBPs and benefits remain the same for any provider you choose. The Enhanced Basic Plan that provides the minimum level of benefits permitted by the DHA in addition to a very limited medical network is another alternative.
The Essential Benefits Plan covers emergencies, surgeries, medical tests, medication, outpatient and inpatient treatments and maternity subject to certain restrictions, limitations and co-insurance (the amount the insured person will have to pay) stipulations in place.
The coverage includes:
- Basic healthcare services within the Emirate of Dubai
- An annual claim limit of AED 150,000
- Emergency medical treatment limited to Emirates within the UAE
- Chronic and pre-existing conditions treatment are not included for the first 6 months, but are included after.
- The basic in-patient healthcare services 20% co-insurance is payable by the person insured with a cap (the most that can be paid) of AED 500 per encounter, and an annual aggregate cap of AED 1,000. Anything above these caps the insurer will have to pay for.
- Cost of drugs and medicines is covered up to an annual limit of AED 1,500 – there’s a 30% co-insurance (payable by the person insured) for each and every prescription.
Insurance companies that can provide EBP
Only a few insurance companies called ‘Participating Insurers’ are able to provide EBPs.
- Axa Insurance
- Ras Al Khaimah National Insurance Company
- National Health Insurance Company (Daman)
- Oman Insurance Company
- Orient Insurance Pjsc
- Metlife Alico
- Takaful Emarat – Insurance
- Dar Al Takaful (P J S C)
- National General Insurance Company
- Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company (Adnic)
- Union Insurance
- Noor Takaful
The health insurance laws implemented in Dubai has ensured that everyone is covered at a minimum level and residents and nationals have access to affordable healthcare.
Tags : Health Insurance Agent in Dubai, Health Insurance Agent in Abu Dhabi, Health Insurance Agent in Sharjah, Health Insurance Agent in Ajman, Health Insurance Agent in Fujairah, Health Insurance Agent in Ras Al Khaimah, Health Insurance Agent in umm al Quwain , Health Insurance Agent in Al Ainwe